Sunday, April 18, 2010

Harness Shmarness

Who Needs a Harness? Me and my brother were riding around in far east queens when we found this obstacle course in Alleypond park. I always wanted to find and Adult playground type course without having to join the military or have to hand over a money to try one out. The sign on the wall said something about no trespassing and that climbers should be supervised and wear a harness at all times. The first time I made up my brother gave me a boost up. I did not make it to the top because my forearms just started giving out. I could have tried to make it to the top but I was afraid that at the highest point my arms would give and I would fall 20 feet to some really hurt ankles. Or even if I did make it to the top, that I wouldnt have the strength to climb back down to the bottom. But I always wanted to learn to climb but I didnt want to have to join a gym or be supervised by other people trying to make sure I have as little fun as possible beceause they have to cover their liabilities. Now I got to learn how to increase my grip and the endurance of my forearms, because after this, I couldnt even throw a frisbee. My forearms felt like theyr were full of fluid and about to burst. Scary and fun, scary because I know how to fall and put all the downward energy of my "measly" 180 pounds into forward roll but I cant do it if I fall facing the wall. Or maybe I should just practice a reverse roll. Anyway I have a new skill to acquire, once I learn this I'm going to try actual boulders.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment